Take advantage of maximum productivity and versatility with the Grasshopper Model 729BT riding lawn mower. Out front, mowing decks reach under low-hanging obstacles to reduce string trimming needs. Take advantage of zero-turn maneuverability and powerful performance that meets the demands of rugged daily use, while providing superior operator comfort. Use the PowerFold® deck lift/electric height adjustment feature to raise the deck for cleaning the underside. Cutting decks are also removed to add a variety of turf renovation and snow removal implements.
DECK SIZES – 61″
Single-fork Tail Wheel
- Single-fork tail wheels enhance weight distribution, improve stability and enhance castering effect when maneuvering.
T6® Drive Hydrostatic Transmission
- Tandem 16cc Parker pumps-in-reservoir transmission with design-matched Parker high-torque wheel motors
- In-line CoolFan™ cooling system for cooling efficiency and long service intervals
- Delivers smooth response and requires less maintenance, with industry-leading 1,000-hour fluid change interval
QuikConverter™ Implement Capability
- Add or remove implements in minutes without tools with QuikConverter™ Implement System
- Equip your out-front mower with a wide range of tools, including turf cleanup, renovation and snow removal implements that extend your productivity year-round
AntiVibe Power Platform®
Isolates the engine and T-Drive™ from the operator platform for an unprecedented vibration-free experience
- Fewer than 10 grease points and easy top-side access to belts and filters
- 1,000-hour transmission fluid change intervals
- Self-tensioning belts minimize cost and labor on routine maintenance
Vigilant Operator Presence System™
- Standard, low profile Roll-over Protection System (ROPS) structure with an adjustable seatbelt
- Dampened steering levers that return to neutral from forward and reverse
- Interlock switches that shut down the engine when the operator leaves the seat while PTO is engaged or levers are in drive position
B&S Vanguard Big Block
- 896 cc, air-cooled OHV Vanguard Big Block V-twin engine with horizontal crankshaft for longer life
Built for Long Life
- Robotically-welded, high-grade steel construction and I-beam reinforcement for long-lasting durability
- Centered-bearing design provides greater load-bearing capacity to easily handle the weight of operator, fuel and high-capacity collector with reserve strength for curb shocks and weight shifts
- Tough-as-nails powder-coated finish is fusion-bonded for chip and rust resistance
PowerFold® Electric Deck Lift
Standard on all FrontMount™ DuraMax® decks, PowerFold® is the zero-turn mower industry’s first electric deck lift (introduced in 2004).
PowerFold® rotates the deck nearly 90 degrees to provide easy access to the underside of the deck for simplified maintenance and mulching package installation, plus space-saving portability and storage.
The feature also adjusts cutting height between 1.25 and 5.0 inches and controls deck lift functions using a single switch.
- Extra-deep, 5.5-inch deck is fabricated from heavy-gauge formed steel with a reinforced anvil edge
- Specially designed cutting chambers enhance airflow for better cut quality
- Deck easily converts from side discharge to optional Down Discharge™ mulching or PowerVac™ collection
- Sentry™ spindles with massive, 8-inch flanges anchored in a 6-bolt pattern, spread the force of impact for greater strength
- Spindle planes are fabricated from double-layered formed steel laminate and combine with the spindles to form a triple-strength deck to keep blades level and deliver a high-quality cut.
- Sentry™ spindle guards shield spindle housing and seal lower bearings from fiber wrap and dirt ingestion
LED Work Lights
LED work lights provide improved visibility in low light situations.
Wide Stance Single-Fork Tail Wheel
13×6.50×6 rib tread, pneumatic (2)
Ultimate Operator Station™
- The deep-cushioned, deluxe Premium Comfort Seat features a coil-spring suspension and padded lumbar support for all-day comfort. Iso-mounting eliminates vibration before it reaches the seat, and both padded seat and armrests are covered in scuff-resistant, breathable CoolTemp Cordura® fabric, which dissipates heat and won’t tear or crack with extended use.
- Operational controls including throttle, ignition and push/pull PTO switches, angled View-Eze™ console and adjustable cup holder are well positioned for visibility and ease of reach.
- One- or two handed operation with QuikAjust Tilt™ dual levers with 9-inch comfort range to custom fit operator’s reach. Levers automatically return to neutral from either forward or reverse position and are less strenuous than riding mowers with steering wheels.
- Commercial Use: 3-year unlimited hours; limited warranty: First two years covering parts and labor; third year covering parts only.
- Residential Use: 4-year or 800-hour (whichever comes first); limited warranty covering parts and labor.